By Al-Sakib Khan Pathan, Muhammad Mostafa Monowar, Zubair Md. Fadlullah
Supplying a complete advent to next-generation networks, Building Next-Generation Converged Networks: concept and perform strikes a stability among how and why issues paintings and the way to cause them to paintings. It compiles fresh developments besides simple matters from the wide variety of fields relating to subsequent new release networks.
Containing the contributions of fifty six specialists and researchers from sixteen varied international locations, the booklet provides proper theoretical frameworks and the newest learn. It investigates new applied sciences corresponding to IPv6 over Low energy instant own quarter community (6LoWPAN) architectures, criteria, mobility, and safety. featuring the cloth in a way that entry-level readers can simply snatch the basics, the publication is equipped into 5 parts:
- Multimedia Streaming―deals with multimedia streaming in networks of the future―from fundamentals to extra in-depth details for the experts
- Safety and defense in Networks―addresses the problems relating to defense, together with basic net and cyber-security ideas that would be suitable in any destiny network
- Network administration and site visitors Engineering―includes assurance of mathematical modeling-based works
- Information Infrastructure and Cloud Computing―integrates information regarding earlier achievements, current stipulations, and destiny expectancies in info infrastructure-related areas
- Wireless Networking―touches at the a variety of points of instant networks and technologies
The textual content comprises assurance of web architectures and protocols, embedded platforms and sensor networks, internet companies, Cloud applied sciences, and next-generation instant networking. Reporting at the newest developments within the box, it offers you the knowledge required to give a contribution in the direction of the materialization of destiny networks. This publication is appropriate for graduate scholars, researchers, teachers, practitioners operating within the quarter of stressed or instant networking, and primarily someone who desires to enhance his or her figuring out of the themes on the topic of next-generation networks.
Read Online or Download Building next-generation converged networks. Fadlullah, Muhammad Mostafa Monowar, Zubair Md. Fadlullah: theory and practice PDF
Similar & telecommunications books
GSM (Global approach for cellular communique) is at the moment utilized in greater than a hundred nations for cellular telephony and its software is progressively expanding in numerous diversified components. Comprehensively revised and up to date, this moment version of a hugely profitable textual content accommodates the most recent advances within the box.
Do you roam the line being profitable, or are you having fun with the nomadic lifetime of a retiree with a motor domestic? both method, lifestyles is going on regardless of the place you are placing your hat this night. accounts nonetheless have to be paid, grandchildren develop up method too quickly, and you have gotten lovely depending on your electronic mail. How do you remain hooked up to the remainder of the realm when you are at the street?
Expert Plone four improvement is written in a transparent conversational easy-to-understand kind. This e-book cuts brief the preamble and will get instantly to the purpose - construction powerful, content-rich net purposes with Plone four. particular actual global examples are supplied for every bankruptcy. This ebook assumes that the reader is aware Plone from the viewpoint of an administrator or strength person, has a uncomplicated figuring out of internet software improvement, and is ok with the Python programming language.
Networks in Telecommunications addresses basic concerns in discussions of regulatory coverage via supplying an built-in framework for figuring out the economics and legislations of networks. It extends theories on community layout linked to the math of graph concept, which gives insights into the advanced, systemic interrelationship among community parts.
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Governance: Theory and Practice
- Constitutionalism in Islamic Countries: Between Upheaval and Continuity
- The Cold War: Superpower Relations, 1945-1989
- Introduction To The Theory Of Numbers, An
- The quantum world
Additional resources for Building next-generation converged networks. Fadlullah, Muhammad Mostafa Monowar, Zubair Md. Fadlullah: theory and practice
Santosh Kulkarni, Bandwidth efficient video-on-demand algorithm (BEVA). In Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT 2003), vol. 2, pp. 1335–1342, 2003. Request-Based Multicasting in Video-on-Demand Systems ◾ 33 28. Wing-Fai Poon, Kwok-Tung Lo, and Jian Feng, Adaptive batching scheme for multicast video-ondemand systems. IEEE Transactions on Broadcasting, vol. 47, pp. 66–70, 2001. 29. Wing-Fai Poon, Kwok-Tung Lo, and Jian Feng, Batching policy for video-on-demand in multicast environment.
4) Token-tray/weighted queuing-time (TT/WQT) . TT/WQT is an adaptive batching policy that combines the token-tray (TT) allocation scheme with weighted queuing-time (WQT) . 5 6 Source: Jain, M. , Journal of ICT, 1–12, 2006. 12 ◾ Building Next-Generation Converged Networks The TT allocation scheme applies N tokens corresponding to each server channel, where N is the total number of channels in the system. 2 . The token bucket releases one token into the token tray every ∆τ minutes .
Almeroth and Mostafa H. Ammar, On the performance of a multicast delivery video-ondemand service with discontinuous VCR actions. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), Seattle, Washington, USA, vol. 3, pp. 1631–1635, June 1995. 2. K. Li, The split and merge protocol for interactive video-on-demand, IEEE Multimedia, vol. 4, pp. 51–62, October–December 1997. 3. Ramaprabhu Janakiraman, Marcel Waldvogel, and Lihao Xu, Fuzzycast: Efficient video-on-demand over multicast.